- A current learners driving permit
- A booking date and time with the Department of Transport. The fee for your driving assessment was paid by you to the Department of Transport at the time your learners permit was granted.
- A signed and completed Log Book containing 25 hours of supervised driving history.
- Primary ID to be presented on the day of your assessment to the assessor. A current passport or an original birth certificate is always acceptable.
- Hiring a driving school car, either manual or automatic with dual controls is considered best on the day of your learner driving assessment.
- Booking a driving school instructor to take you on assessment day. Alkimos recommends you be picked up from home by your driving school instructor who can take you for a 1 hour driving lesson prior to your driving assessment. This time with your driving school instructor helps calm the nerves and refreshes your knowledge about driving test criteria and test routes.
Test Route Training & Mock Assessments
The test routes, car parks and suburbs used by the Department of Transport to conduct learner driving assessments vary. No driving school or driving instructor can guarantee where a learner driver will be taken on the day of your driving assessment. However, we do know 5 or 6 test route variations generally used by assessors at each Licensing Centre. We plan mock tests around these test routes so you will be well prepared for your practical driving assessment.
Alkimos instructors focus on producing confident learner drivers with top driving skills. Passing your driving assessment is part of that skills training but we insist that you be able to safely drive a vehicle anywhere.